Date of Last Revision: March 17, 2022
By accessing the Website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data as described in the policy. Please do not visit this Website if you do not agree with the terms set out herein. If you are using or accessing the Website on behalf of someone else (such as your child, relative, friend, associate) or an entity (such as your employer), you hereby and warrant represent that you are authorised by such individual or entity to accept this policy on such individual’s or entity’s behalf.
Any consent on your part is entirely voluntary but if you do not grant the requested consent to the processing of your personal data, the use of the Website may not be permissible.
Definitions and interpretation
Data- collectively all information that you submit to The Overnight Insights Group Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Cookies- a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and /or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws- any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the UK General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act, 2018 and Directive 96/46/EC(Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, if applicable in accordance with Article 2 (Material scope) and Article 3 (Territorial scope) of GDPR.;
GDPR- the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
The Overnight Insights Group Ltd, we or us- The Overnight Insights Group Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11325564 whose registered office is at 209 Castlemead, Lower Castle St, Bristol, BS1 3AG;
UK and EU Cookie Law- the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you- any third party that accesses the Website andis not either (i) employed by The Overnight Insights Group Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to The Overnight Insights Group Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
Website- the website that you are currently using, https://scribeless.co, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa,
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships,
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships,
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”,
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, The Overnight Insights Group Ltd is the “data controller”. This means that The Overnight Insights Group Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
Information you provide to us
When you use our Website or raise an inquiry or book our services through the Website, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that helps facilitate your use of the Website (including raising an inquiry or booking our services) and helps us stay compliant with our legal obligations.
When you use our Website or raise an inquiry or book our services through the Website, we may ask to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify your entity (hereinafter referred to ‘Personal Information’). Personal information may include, but is not limited to, the following categories of information: first and last name, post code, your requirements, property address, contact number, email and other relevant data as desired by us. Questions or comments which you submit may also be regarded as Personal Information.
Communications with us and other Users
When you communicate with us, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide. We collect this information for the purposes of maintaining safety, ensuring quality, and optimizing our Website.
Information which we automatically collect
When you use our Website or raise an inquiry or book our services through the Website, we may automatically collect certain information that helps facilitate your use of the Website and helps us stay compliant with our legal obligations. We may also collect certain information from third parties when you access the Website of a third party or avail the services of a third party.
We may additionally collect and track Non-Personal Information about your Website visit including the domain name and the name of the web page from which you access the Website, the time you spend on each of our web pages, the Internet Protocol (IP) address associated with your computer, operating system, transaction history, web pages you viewed, information searched for or requested for and other relevant statistics.
Your messages can be stored to process it, to compile statistical information, to improve our Website and support, or to get in touch with you.
When you use certain features on our Website, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location through third party Website(s) to offer you an improved user experience. Mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services. Disabling such services may result in limited access to certain features on our Website.
Billing, Collection and Payment Information
Data that is received from third parties
- We will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
- Data that is received from publicly available third parties’ sources. We will receive Data about you from the following publicly available third-party sources:
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail.
Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
- For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we’ll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we’ll provide.
if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
We may use your Data to show you The Overnight Insights Group Ltd adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you The Overnight Insights Group Ltd adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose your information to third parties; as stated below, which helps us facilitate your use of the Website and helps us comply with our legal obligations. By using this Website, you hereby give us the permission to disclose your information as per the terms of this policy. We will never sell your personal information or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
Business Transactions. We may disclose your personal information:
- If we are approached by a potential buyer of our business;
- If we are required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
- In case of a sale of assets, a bankruptcy, or an insolvency event, then we may sell, transfer or share some or all of our assets, including your information to another party.
We will disclose your Information, as collected subject to the terms of this policy, where we are required to do so by law, under a subpoena, or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law. We may also disclose personal information to protect the security or integrity of our service on reasonable requests from law enforcement agency.
We may disclose your personal information with associated third parties such as our subcontractors or our service providers who act on our behalf. We may also use a third-party data processor to process your information on our behalf. They may be identified as follows:
We, in the course of the business, employ third party companies and/or individuals to facilitate the use of our Website, to operate our Website on our behalf, to perform services which are related to our Website, or to assist us in analysing the usage of our Website. These third parties will be provided with access to your personal information for the sole purpose of performing these tasks, as mentioned, on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use your personal information to contact or inform you with newsletters, promotional materials and/or other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any of the emails we have sent.
In addition, we collect, monitor and analyse information in order to increase our Website's functionality and we may use third party services, including but not limited to, Google Analytics. Please go through these third-party service provider’s privacy policies which addresses how they use such information.
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want detailed information on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
Other Important Information
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) (which for avoidance of doubt does not include the United Kingdom) . For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA.
We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling The Overnight Insights Group Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact The Overnight Insights Group Ltd by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions, please get in touch with our data officer: email@example.com.